Wednesday, December 14
I'm on the internet...Yes I know you're thinking, "of course you're on the internet Meredith, you have a blog and e-mail etc" Well that's true, but I'm truly on the internet now. Next semester I am doing a Rob Bell seminar called "Blowhorn" you can look at my bio and write up on the Prov website. At the top click on "special guests" (that's me!) and then on "workshops"....Scroll down and you can read all about me at the bottom. Yippee
Sunday, December 11
"A true act of love, unlike imaginary love, is hard and forbidding. Imaginary love yearns for an immediate heroic act that is achieved quickly and seen by everyone. People may actually reach a point where they are willing to sacrifice their lives, as long as the ordeal doesnt last too long, is quickly over--just like on stage, with the public watching and admiring. A true act of love, on the other hand, requires hard work and patience, and, for some, it is a whole way of life." ~Fyodor Dostoevsky,
Saturday, December 10
The following is a "bliss list" I've borrowed from the current Oprah magazine. What makes you Purrrrr......?
- The First Paragraph of a novel that completely captures you.
- Walking through the madness of the city to the beads on an iPod.
- Little neck kisses from someone who knows what he's doing.
- Murder, She Wrote returns. Jessica always knows what to do!
- Checking off the last thing on the Saturday to-do list.
- The halo of warmth from a radiator, heating vent or fire (especially in Seminary)
- Throwing things out!
- A great scalp massage from the shampoo lady at the hairdresser.
- Catching a whiff of your favorite perfume as someone walks by.
- Coming home to your old room and slipping underneath sheets washed by Mom, surrounded by old books, photos and a big collection of your "stuff".
- Baking...anything! Cooking has a deadline, cooking is just about passing time.
- Reaching the end of a hike and seeing the view from the top.
- Taking a personal day.
- Going to the doctor and finding out everything's okay.
- Friends (real ones and the show).
- Homemade whipped cream.
- Friday night, 6:30 after a long, hard week.
- Taking the soccer ball out of the air on a cross with a perfect, powerful, knee height volley to the side netting. (Okay, maybe not in December)
- Being good at what you do. (And getting credit for it)
- Having a baby fall asleep on your shoulder.
- Watching someone you love get dressed for an evening out.
- The Princess Bride.
- Dessert for dinner.
- The utter sense of peace you feel seconds before drifting off to sleep.
- Stargazing...time seems to stand still.
- Northern lights...knowing they've moved, but not noticing when it happens.
- Waking up and knowing, by the muffled sounds outside, that is has snowed- a lot.
- The smell of the first cup of coffee.
- A foot rub given by someone who knows what she's doing.
- The Saturday paper-the heavier the better.
- Looking at pictures of your mother as a child.
- Long e-mails from an old friend, especially a funny old friend.
- A child smiling at you in the grocery store line.
- A big plate of pasta.
- Porch-sitting on a summer night.
- Laying on the grass watching the bats come out.
- Wearing a hat, just because you want to.