Saturday, January 10

Konrad the Birthday Boy

Remember my sweet little puppy Konrad?
Well Today He's ONE YEAR OLD.

I am so proud of how far we've come. At first it was a lot of stress having to take care of him ALL ALONE, but it was what I wanted, and didn't give up! As time has gone on, he's grown up a lot, and is improving his behaviors every day.

I used to deal a lot with things like mouthing, jumping and blank stares. Now because I have focused in on being consistent he hardly mouths any more...and only lays teeth on skin very rarely. He doesn't jump except for when he is very scared, or in urgent need of attention. And the blank stares, well they are being replaced by the following of my commands.

Of course he easily caught on to "sit" when I had a heaping bowl of chow in my hand. And "Shake" has never been a problem. He's very friendly. However now we're working on 'stay' and I must say it's the most challenging because it seems his hearts desire is to be near me. He hates being apart from me, and honestly, I like it when he's near too.

I'll post pictures after our 'party' {I've got party hats!} But for today I'll post the recipe for our party food.

Konrad's Birthday Pup-Cakes

2 carrotts-shredded 1 egg
4 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 t. vanilla
2 T honey 1 t each cinnamon, baking powder & nutmeg
2 ripe banana's mashed

Pour these into twelve large muffin tins, and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments: