Pasta with Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 bacon slices or 4 ounces of pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons pimenton (smoked paprika)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces any cut pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (I subbed parsley)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 400. Put the sweet potatoes, bacon and oil in a large roasting pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Roast, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, dust with the paprika, add the onion to the pan, stir and continue roasting for another 15 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling, salted water. Drain and reserve some of the cooking water. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and stir in a bout 1/2 cup of the cooking water, scraping up any browned bits. Add pasta, chives and cheese to the pan and toss to combine. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Thanks Caitlin of Biscuits & Jam :) I love reading her blog so much!