Monday, March 19

Gracie Baby Leg Warmers

I have no babies, but recently a work fiend asked me to knit up some leg warmers for her precious daughter Gracie. Some of the patterns I found on Ravelry were cute, but I thought this would be a great opportunity to strike out on my own and whip up this pattern. I believe this is also called 'winging it'. :)

The finished product:

 


Here is the basic pattern:


Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Bravo Jacquard Color
Needles: 4mm bamboo circulars (for magic loop)

Pattern:
  • CO 24 Stitches
  • Join, and start the rib section: K2, P2 rib for approx 6 rounds (or until you feel you have enough).
  • Knit one plain knit round
  • Increase 6 sts, spacing evenly around the leg warmer.
  • Continue knitting these 30 sts in the round for about 12-14 inches.
    Note: If you know the length of the babys legs this helps.
  • Decrease back down to 24 stitches using the ssk decrease method. 
  • Knit one round.
  • Work in K2, P2 rib for approx 6 rounds. 
  • Loosely cast off.  
 For those of you who are iterested; My Ravelry Pattern Page

No comments: