Monday, May 23

Sail Cakes

Victoria Day has been a very lazy day. The sky is grey and has been ever since I woke up early this morning. The over cast sky will make for a perfect picture taking day.
Steve and I just finished our pancake lunch. I decided to play around with a new recipe that I created because of a lack of milk. So Sail Cakes were born. Here is how they got their name. I had this tub of Ricotta cheese that I needed to use soon before it went bad. For some reason Steve can not say Ricotta, when he tries the only thing that comes out of his mouth is Regatta. Apparently a Regatta is a type of large sailing competition, so Sail Cakes were born. Although Steve was skeptical at first in the end he really did like them. They are a bit heavier than most pancakes, but utterly delicious. Here is the recipe:

Sail Cakes
^ 10, 4" cakes
*1 c. Whole wheat flour
*1 egg
*3/4 c. Water or 1 cup milk
*1/2 c. Ricotta cheese
*2 Tablespoons light olive oil, or veggie oil
*1 Tablespoon melted butter (omit if using milk)
*1 Tablespoon sugar
*1 teaspoon powder
*1 teaspoon soda
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*1 teaspoon honey

No comments: