Tuesday, July 29

Emotional Debt: Work In Progress

One of my favourite things to do on the weekends lately is to get into bed early, or rather lay on bed (it's been blisteringly hot & muggy), and listen to Podcasts. I have a long list of those I love, but one in particular has captured my imagination: Enter stage left....

JUNIPERGRACETUBE


I'm about half way through her pod-casts now and somewhere around number 9 she (Grace) talks about giving yarn away and the freeing feeling it gave her. She also talked a bit about finishing WIP (works in progress) and how working through that emotional baggage was freeing as well. (Do you sense a theme here...freedom!)

All this talk about WIP's motivated me to cull through my WIP bin and have some serious conversations with myself.  I have divided all WIP's  into two basic categories with some variations on a theme. 

1. Frog:  (rip the knitting out) and make something else with the yarn, or give yarn away. 
2. Finish: Finish knitting the darn thing. 

First up the Frog list. Some of these are so far gone they did not even get a photo. They were just too pathetic. These would include my 'never gonna happen' make up your mind tank.

 

 

Next Up, the finish category...look out, it's longer...

The red disc will be the back to the pink.
The blue will need a back made
This was one of the first patterns I ever did knit!
This just needs to be seamed and
stuffed with dried lavender.
These just need to have the
tails woven in.
Part of one arm, buttons and blocking.
The baby I originally planned this for is almost 2.
SSS
Maybe these just need different
buttons, or maybe the whole
project is a flop.
Single mitten syndrome, and missing a lace weight liner.
They might be too shallow, so may need to fix that too. 

This next project is a group of swatches for the Master Hand knitter course which I have started and not finished- twice. I'm still undecided if I will carry on. I know Ana from Toil and Trouble is working on her certification now and seeing all her work makes the perfectionist in me squeal with delight. 

These swatches were knit with Plymouth
 Yarn Worsted Merino Superwash Solids


The last two items to share are WIP's but not languishing ones. They should be finished up stat!
A pebble vest cast on in July 2014. Instead of
 selling/donating the yarn I will give this
knitted vest to charity. 


Migee: Originally cast on in Miami Fl in May, it was
frogged and restarted sometime in June. 







  




No comments: