Thursday, February 13

WIAW-New Beginnings

For the past several weeks I have been enjoying the Back To Her Roots blog, so much so in fact that I've decided to start blogging here again.

If you know me well you've likely noticed I get very GungHo to start new projects and then, my enthusiasm tapers off...quickly. So, this time I've decided to start off slow; the only pressure is to post once a week, for What I Ate Wednesday.

Breakfast:

I've been trying to apply the Food Rule: "A desk is not a table", but my habit seems to be 'breakfast at work', so for now I'm not got to sacrifice a healthy meal for eating hurriedly at home before work. 'Cause you know I'd eat a bowl of cereal standing by the kitchen sink!

Wasa Sesame Crisps with 1/2 of a mushed up avocado, sprinkled with Trader Joe's Sea Salt



Morning Snack:
Epicure prep bowl with blueberries and 1/2 cup Strawberry Kefer





Lunch:
A few nights ago I tried an Eating Bird Food recipe for Health Boosting Cabbage Lentil Soup. It was good, and spicy, and since T has been in the field I've been eating up the leftovers on my own. This is the last serving and I'm a bit sad. 

Cabbage Lentil Soup & Small Banana





Afternoon Snack:
Egg & Cantaloupe...yum!





Supper:

"Super food" Salad from Costco. Topped with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and a wee bit of poppy seed dressing. On the side marinated tomatoes and Simply for Life Mexican Hamburger patties. Thank goodness for leftovers!




After Workout Snack:

Simply Whey chocolate mint bar. My first time having one and it was pretty great! Interesting texture and nice flavour. 







Thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons for starting this buzz!

2 comments:

natasharose said...

Yum- I love the looks of that soup and your dinner plates are awesome! Are they enamelled tin?

MRC said...

@natasharose Enamelled tin plates would be delightful! These however are very heavy ceramic yardsale finds. So sorry for taking so long to respond to this comment.